Sunday, May 11, 2008

Essential Time Management Tips For Work At Home Businesses

Essential Time Management Tips For Work At Home Businesses
Copyright © 2008 Kerry Johnson

Does your day job get in the way of your work at home business? Do you find you have no time to build your online business or worst yet feeling overwhelmed and running in 10 different directions and getting nothing done? I have been there! When I started my business opportunity, there was so much to do learn that I could not focus on just one thing.

One of the first things I needed to get a grasp of was my time. Time management is important to being able to juggle my job, coming home to my online business and have quality time for other things too like family, recreation and other important appointments.

Being organized and efficient all the time to some people is too cold and calculating. Some say you lack spontaneity But the fact of the matter is that people who are disorganized for the most part are confused and in any case under a lot of stress. The better organized you are, the more time and opportunity you have to be truly relaxed and happy.

Negative talk from parents and other influential people especially when growing up is a barrier from learning good management skills. If your parents or other people said you were messy and never on time for any thing. You may find yourself believing or saying to others that's the way you always been. The fact is nobody is born organized, messy neat or efficient. Time management and organizational skills are learned behaviors and if we have bad habits, we can learn good ones.

Here are 3 essential time management tips I use to keep me from procrastination and despair.

Use an appointment book that has a page for each day. Make yourself a to-do list for everything you need to do whether it's for work, home business or scheduled appointments.

Carry your list with you. I find that the most ideas and tasks come up when I am doing other things like driving or laying in bed. Having my list with me helps me to remember by writing them down while it is fresh on my mind.

You only have so much time in a day so prioritizing your list is important. As you complete a task, strike it out. What you don't do in that day, bring it forward for the next day or schedule it for a day when you can get to it.

Many people believe they don't have the ability to have good time management skills. They think that they just grew up that way. But there is no gene or chromosome for bad organizational skills and time management skills. Simply put time management skills and time management behavior is a matter of choice. Being good at organizing your time must first be learned then applied over and over again until it is automatic.

Kerry Johnson is a mentoring coach with Mentoring For Free. We will train you and your company for free. For more powerful tips on how to build your network business get your free EBook "Success in 10 steps" by Michael Dlouhy. You can use or reprint this article provided you do not change the resource in any way.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: