Monday, November 17, 2008

Newbies Hints and Tips: The Correct Mindset for Your Internet Marketing Success

Newbies Hints and Tips: The Correct Mindset for Your Internet Marketing Success
Download Free Copy Of Internet Business For Newbies
Today I want to talk about having the correct mindset. This is really so VERY important in helping you achieve success.

Believe in yourself and in your abilities. Be good to yourself. You deserve it.

It's so essential not to cripple yourself with low self-esteem. Do you know most people go through their whole lives living under a self-esteem 'ceiling' of three feet high!! They imagine they cannot do this, or cannot do that, because in some dim and distant past, in their childhood perhaps, someone somewhere has told them so.

Yet why should you sit back and believe you cannot do such and such? It's just not true! Of course we're not talking here of climbing Everest tomorrow - or swimming the English Channel next week - but everyday things that you might have preconceived ideas about not being able to do.

Here are some quotes for you to think about:

"Your own worst enemy is your inner self"

"No-one else has the power to kill your vision"

"When you know where you are going, other people will allow you to pass"

If you BELIEVE you can do something, then you WILL be able to do it. So throw out all your preconceived ideas, and let's start again...

First of all, write down your goals - yes, you must really write them down on a piece of paper, and pin this piece of paper somewhere you can easily see it. Read your goals aloud twice a day. Make your first goals simple ones, something like: "By this time next month (here you would write down the actual date) I will have my website up and running". Another goal could be: "by (insert a date two weeks ahead) I will have written my first report" - or whatever you think you'd like to do at this time.

Write down about 5 or 6 goals, and then each time you achieve one of them, cross it off your list, and write in another goal. Now you have a set of simple goals written down, and you start working towards achieving them. Yes, you really CAN do it!

Do you know that only about 3% of the population ever put their goals in writing? Yes, it's true enough. Just 3% write down their goals.

Back in the '50s a study was carried out at Harvard University into this, and then followed up some 30 years later. Guess what - the 3% of the group who had written down their goals were then worth more than the remaining 97% put together.

There's a well-known saying: "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". Think about it.

We all have to start somewhere, and by having a positive attitude goes a good deal of the way towards breaking away from that endless treadmill.

The recipe for success has to be: getting motivated, and staying motivated. We all have to start somewhere, and for sure everyone needs a helping hand now and then, especially when you're a newbie. Otherwise how will you know what to do next?

To start with you will need to write your Route Map. No, don't say: "oh that's silly, I know what I'm going to do" - but do you really? Give yourself a timetable to work with, and then stick to it.

Read as much as you can, and find a good website written especially for the beginner - for all newbies. There you will pick up valuable information and learn which tools you will need, which books to read, what to buy, and perhaps most importantly what NOT to buy. Don't waste your hard earned cash on numerous books and articles - when you can get what you need mostly for free. If course you will need to spend some money - but be selective.

At all times, remember: Positive Thought is a powerful thing.

Ron Woodham retired at 65 and set up his own Internet Business. He spent 9 months teaching himself how to create and build websites from scratch,and now shares his knowledge through his Building Blocks for Beginners.
Please visit his website for further information.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: